One of the fastest ways to attract new clients on RemoteHub, as well as to increase their attention to your job application, is to post your service. To get optimal results, follow the best practices which we break down below.
How to Post a Service: Best Practices
RemoteHub service postings have several specific fields you can fill out. Leveraging these fields allows you to improve your performance on the platform and find more work. For optimal results, follow the best practices listed below
1. First, add a Cover Image to your service. People are likelier to click on attractive, high-quality pictures, that’s why adding a cover picture is a key to increasing engagement on your service postings. Avoid abstract images. Visitors should be able to ascertain what your service is about at first glance.
Pro tip: Services with cover images are more likely to be featured on a platform. Make sure you have added one.
2. Of course, your service needs a proper Title. The title should be succinct and to the point. Avoid wordplay or needlessly complicated titles. Customers need to know exactly what it is that you offer by taking one look at your title. You can start the title with the phrase “I will create…”
3. To make your service easier to find for potential customers, you’ll want to pick the Category that it matches best. If your service seems like it could belong to more than one category, choose which one to prioritise. Keep in mind that you can always make a new service posting in a different category.
4. After selecting a category, several specific Subcategories will become available. They allow you to further specify the type and scope of the services you offer. Choose the subcategory that most closely matches the work you’re seeking.
5. Next, you need to list all the relevant professional Skills involved in your service. Make sure it’s a thorough list, mentioning anything that could be of interest to potential clients.
6. Now, you need to provide a detailed text Description of your service. List every relevant aspect of your work here. Go into as much detail as possible — this prevents misunderstandings with clients. At the same time, try to use simple language. A convoluted description can lead to confused potential customers.
If your service covers different activities or products, make sure you list each of them in detail. Employers should know exactly what it is that you’re offering. Furthermore, if you provide additional optional services, add them to the service posting as well. Upselling your clients on these additional services is a straightforward way to maximize your earning potential.
7. Finally, it’s time to name your Price. Enter a fixed price for the services described in your posting here. You can always negotiate special prices for custom orders, but this provides a baseline for clients to work with.
8. Give your service posting a once-over, and make sure you didn’t make any mistakes. If everything looks in order, click on the Post Service button to publish your posting on RemoteHub marketplace.
Now that you know how to post your service offer on RemoteHub, you have everything you need to kick-start your remote professional career. Before we let you go, we have a final tip for you.
Avoid posting generic services. Being highly specific lets you perform better in client searches. Instead of posting a generic service with a vague pricing and too many options, split it into 2-3 services. Make each of them as unique as possible, with specific pricing and features.
The more services you post, the better your chances of being contacted by new clients. We wish you the best of luck in your digital freelance career!